Corrective jaw or orthognathic surgery is performed by Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons to rectify an extensive variety of minor and major skeletal and dental irregularities, including the misalignment of jaws and teeth, which, thus, can enhance biting, talking and breathing. While the patient's appearance may be drastically changed as a result of their surgery, orthognathic surgery is performed to correct functional issues.
Corrective jaw surgery moves your teeth and jaws into positions that are more balanced, functional and healthy. The objective of this surgery is to improve the bite, jaw functions and speech.
Who Needs Corrective Jaw Surgery?
- Difficulty chewing, or biting food
- Gummy smile
- Prognathic lower jaw
- Proclined upper teeth or excessively grown upper jaw.
- Open bite deformity
- Difficulty swallowing
- Chronic jaw or jaw joint (TMJ) pain and headache
- Excessive wear of the teeth
- Open bite (space between the upper and lower teeth when the mouth is closed)
- Unbalanced facial appearance from the front, or side
- Facial injury or birth defects
- Receding chin
- Protruding jaw
- Inability to make the lips meet without straining
- Chronic mouth breathing and dry mouth
- Sleep apnea (breathing problems when sleeping, including snoring)
Reconface is famous for their service for orthognathic surgeries in hyderabad, and one of the best orthognathic treatment center in India. We provide most effective treatment for orthognathic surgery at affordable cost.